Sunshine State Standards: Correlating PeaceWorks lessons with your state standards
Even those of us who strongly believe in teaching peace skills systematically and comprehensively may find it difficult to work full lessons into a heavily-burdened schedule. We may have trouble justifying it for the record when we have to meet so many other district and state mandates. To help facilitate teaching peace under these pressures, we provide these correlations of PeaceWorks lessons with the Florida Sunshine State Standards.
Wherever you live, these examples can help you recognize comparable lessons and mandated objectives in your own state or district. Though it may take time to correlate these with your own system, once you've made that connection you can fully and officially justify the time invested in teaching conflict resolution and related concepts, because then you can concretely demonstrate that every PeaceWorks lesson addresses at least one objective mandated by your own state or district.
If you have a comparable set of valid correlations for your state, we may be able to post it here. Please call us at (800) 749-8838.
- Grade PK/K: Peacemaking Skills for Little Kids
- Grade K: Helping, Not Hurting: Teaching the I-Care Rules through Literature
- Grade 1: Peacemaking Skills for Little Kids
- Grade 2: Peacemaking Skills for Little Kids
- Grade 3: Peace Scholars: Learning through Literature
- Grade 4: Peace Scholars: Learning through Literature
- Grade 5: Peace Scholars: Creative Conflict Solving
- Grade 6: Creating Peace, Building Community
- Grade 7: Creating Peace, Building Community
- Grade 8: Conflict Resolution in American History
- Grades 9–12: WinWin!